whole mother
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

school support thread!

5 posters

Go down

school support thread! Empty school support thread!

Post  Nut Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:39 am

Come and talk aobut your little ones schooling, there must be some about to start going for the first time. All those lunches and over sized uniforms, all the excitement and the worries of it too. Pour your heart out here Very Happy
Nut
Nut
Admin

https://wholemother.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

school support thread! Empty Re: school support thread!

Post  me fein Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:05 am

Well, D starts pre-kindy this year. I think this mania for pre kindy is a specifically tasmanian thing, ppl seem to be wanting thier kids in school and out of their way earlier and earlier...

and before you all shoot me cos D is starting too, the school he is going to is special lol.
It is a tiny school that is heavy on the parental involvement - at least 6 parent hours a week are required and parents have a huge role in running it too Very Happy

Don't know that I can complain about uniforms and lunches etc cos growing the food and preparing the meals is part of the curriculum and there are no uniforms... Very Happy

I'm looking on this as a bit of an experiment, D has a few issues that he is getting assessed for soon, and I don't know how prepared he is for it but we will see.
me fein
me fein

http://luckydipdays.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Nut Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:57 am

Sounds like the sort of school I could send mine to if there was one locally and the need arose! Is he excited?
Nut
Nut
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinky Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:54 am

well I will have a bitch.... I am sick of our 'day care' asking me when Islie is going.... man I just put Connor in 'school' so dont rush me just yet.....

And yes you can all shoot me down cause my kids go to daycare Bella is in Pre-Prep this year at the school and Connor is in at the moment Pre-kindy cause of his learning issues I believe he needs to go cause I dont have the patience to teach him the things they can. Bella asked me if she could go to 'school' when we started I think she was bored with doing 'little kids stuff' and with 3 under 3 it honestly was hard for me to find the time.... They both love 'School' and if they ever got to the stage where they where upset all the time i would pull them out straight away.

I believe each to their own I dont know how you guys homeschool but I take my hat of you to all.....
Pinky
Pinky

Back to top Go down

Post  me fein Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:35 am

this school is the next best thing to homeschooling. D has been in daycare (from when he was 4 months til about 3.5) and he loved it, but when i became single I couldn't afford it and he got really distressed at me leaving him Sad
As I mentioned, I'm getting D assessed for some of his behavioural issues (I hate that term) and I think I would find it very difficult to homeschool him as he needs a lot of attention a lot of the time - without the support of a partner I can't do it.
Having said that, I'm loving being with them all day and am very glad that I have found a school that has so much parental and family interaction - they are even ok with me taking C when I do my parent contact hours and have had other children there being breastfed etc.

you do the beset with what you have - when I was with x there is no way homeschooling or even this school was an option as he was very unsupportive of anything outside the mainstream and moving to be close to the school would mean he would not be near his dealer... D was in daycare because we both 'had' to work to support the house we had and his habit. Now we don't I can afford the luxury of staying at home with them, but without the support of another person here i think i would go nuts homeschooling him full time - plus I don't want to be on a pension my whole life so need to be able to work at least part time at some point!
me fein
me fein

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinky Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:42 am

me fein wrote:As I mentioned, I'm getting D assessed for some of his behavioural issues (I hate that term)

have you thought or tried Fish Oil with him.... I have with Islie and she is honestly a different kid... I know it wont work on everyone but thougt I would mention it....
Pinky
Pinky

Back to top Go down

Post  me fein Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:48 am

if I could get him to eat it I would! one of the things that needs adjusting is his diet as he lives on white processed carbs and not much else. I'm looking to get an appointment with a nutritionist as well as an occupational therapist to help me with it as trying to think about such a huge over haul of our diet without help makes my brain leak out me ears lol!
me fein
me fein

Back to top Go down

Post  slitir Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:47 am

I have L starting prep this year. I think i have found peace with it - if i dont think about it to much that is and i just focus on the good things about it. Next week Lili and i have two days on our own where we will go to sizzlers to lunch ( she has been bugging me for ages but i cannot imagine taking all three of them too) going to the hairdressers and chopping her hair short (her request) shopping for her stationary, books, uniform and shoes. So i hope we can have some quality heavily interactive time together to explore all her ideas and thoughts about what school may be like and offer some mummy wisdom where i can...

Actually i guess we are pretty ready for it - i am feeling a bit anxious about school, kindy and then uni drop off mornings affraid how is one person meant to get four very different people with four differetn needs up and ready, and get them to 3 different places on time?!? insane.
slitir
slitir

Back to top Go down

Post  me fein Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:57 am

sounds very insane! I have trouble getting the three of us out the door to the same place before midday so i take my hat off to you lol!
me fein
me fein

Back to top Go down

Post  Nut Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:05 am

Stylish was really excited about starting school, I remember those days fondly! It was like a whole new chapter in her life Smile
Nut
Nut
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  justme Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:31 am

Daniel starts kindy this year. he's so excited, he keeps asking if we can go today Laughing i've bought the booklist already (ffs, as if i don't pay enough in private school fees.... i need to supply a booklist as well Shocked Razz ), we have an appointment next week for his uniforms.... then it's all systems go.

i'm excited and nervous.

and although not school, when school starts back, Brodie will be starting to go with my mum for 1 day per week while i study. fun times.
justme
justme

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down