whole mother
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The names, signatures and avatars thread

+4
Ilithyia
Pinky
Nut
Occula
8 posters

Go down

The names,  signatures and avatars thread Empty The names, signatures and avatars thread

Post  Occula Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:43 am

Tell us about them!

My avatar's Guenhwyfar, a black panther from another dimension, Occula is a black Nubian warrioress/sorceress and my siggie is from a Terry Goodkind novel. The rest of the Wizards rules are;

Wizard's Second Rule: The greatest harm can result from the best intentions.
Wizard's Third Rule: Passion rules reason.
Wizard's Fourth Rule: There is Magic to heal. In the forgiveness you grant, and more so in the forgiveness you recieve.
Wizard's Fifth Rule: Mind what people do, not only what they say, for deeds will betray a lie.
Wizard's Sixth Rule: The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason.
Wizard's Seventh Rule: Life is the future, not the past.
Occula
Occula

Back to top Go down

The names,  signatures and avatars thread Empty Re: The names, signatures and avatars thread

Post  Nut Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:55 am

Oooh good idea!

Nut is the Egyptian Goddess of the earth, from memory she was Isis' mother too .... but memory is touch and go with these things Laughing

My avatar is from our recent camping trip, it's the kids walking on the board walk near where we camped.I really like the fact that it shows a winding path, it makes me feel all arty 'n' stuff Cool
Nut
Nut
Admin

https://wholemother.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The names,  signatures and avatars thread Empty Re: The names, signatures and avatars thread

Post  Pinky Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:18 am

great idea for a thread...

Pinky well Pink is my fav colour so i always use it...

the picture is of one of my creations... I make kids clothing.... And this is one of my favourite fabrics at the moment it is a cross over top and 100% cotton so you know it will breath... its also double sided so you get two tops for the price of one... I dont have a website up yet (its on its way) but if you like send me a pm and I can send you more pics if you like..
Pinky
Pinky

Back to top Go down

Post  Ilithyia Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:33 am

Cool thread. Pinky, damn fine fabric/dress indeed! I'm just learning to sew and making my daughter dresses has been the most rewarding project so far Smile

Ilithyia (latin spelling) is the goddess of childbirth and midwives. She is said to come aid those in need during childbirth. I use this username pretty much everywhere as I love the name and I'm birth obsessed. Lith is the abbreviated version many of my friends now call me, having talked to me so much online as Lith Smile

My av at the moment is my daughter slaying her father with foam swords without pants on and every time she struck a blow she would yell "Thank-You!". We were in hysterics.

Last edited by Ilithyia on Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Ilithyia
Ilithyia

Back to top Go down

Post  Nut Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:41 am

Yeah it is great fabric isn't it!!! She's an ace seamstress, so are you Lith! I'm not so great, but I like sewing anyway Laughing

And I must say, your avatar is hilarious Lith Laughing Laughing Laughing
Nut
Nut
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  slitir Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:14 pm

Slitir is made up of all the letters of my children's first and second names - in no particular order- but the only combination i could think of that sounded like a probable word.

And my signature is pretty self explanatory - just breath, sometimes in our everyday lives when we are confronted with situations that we struggle with our breath... in and out ...is the only thing we've got.

I have yet to upload my Avater, which is a picture of a stone tile on a walkway in the Chinese gardens near us... i like it. it was the only one of its kind and it says so much. yet i dont know what . lol.
slitir
slitir

Back to top Go down

Post  me fein Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:10 pm

My username means "myself" in gaelic. Its a new username for me since I kicked out the ex as I started to feel like I was myself again.

My av is a pic of the three of us - C had fished an empty jar of nutella out of the bin and cleaned it for me. she thought it was wonderful lol.

my sig is pretty self explainatory really!
me fein
me fein

http://luckydipdays.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Nut Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:13 pm

Oh that's what it means! Nice Very Happy
Nut
Nut
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  artymama Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:32 am

My username was just one I thought of years ago because I'm 'arty' and I'm a 'mama' Laughing It has now stuck and is what I call my business.

My avatar is of dh, ds and I during our babymoon/recovery time. I lived on that couch for two weeks due to a large pph. That particular day dh and I were both utterly exhausted and my mum thought it would make a great pic. I love it, snuggly, cuddly, happy and colourful!
artymama
artymama

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinky Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:35 am

Arty i love your pic... Love all the colours... Im a colour girl....
Pinky
Pinky

Back to top Go down

Post  theGreenone Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:38 am

It's a beautiful picture A~mama.
My username is because I'm usually called greendraggon but I felt like a (little) change. Plus it irks me how people shorten it to GD, I'd much rather greenie but I couldn't quite bring myself to use that for a username.
When DD (finally Evil or Very Mad ) goes to sleep I'll dig a picture for an avatar.
theGreenone
theGreenone

Back to top Go down

Post  Occula Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:20 am

Lots of gorgeous avatars in here!
Occula
Occula

Back to top Go down

Post  artymama Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:17 am

Love that pic greenie.

I had no idea you hated GD, now people may shorten it to GO Laughing
artymama
artymama

Back to top Go down

Post  theGreenone Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:20 am

LOL, hate would be a bit harsh. I just prefer greenie or even green. It seems a bit silly to get annoyed about a screen name though so I don't Laughing
My beautiful new avatar is my adorable children playing together in their playtent. DS thinks it's absolutely hilarious when DD goes in there and will crawl in after her giggling his head off. It's the one thing she can do that is garunteed to get his attention.
theGreenone
theGreenone

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down