whole mother
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Migraines - help

3 posters

Go down

Migraines - help Empty Migraines - help

Post  me fein Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:15 am

Le sigh.
I get two types of migraines, depending on the trigger. One is triggered by emotional stress/fatigue and is easily dealt with - lie down with my eyes closed for an hour or so and I can function again, not fantastically, but I can at least look after the kids.
The others however are hormone triggered - and last at least 12 hours. These started about 6 months before menarche and don't happen often (although in that 6 months I suffered 3, then maybe one a year til I started the pill at 16, they were really rare then until I fell preg with DS when I had 3 in the first trimester, had the implanon in until I conceived DD and then had a similar first trimester and just had one the other day which I suspect means my cycle is on its way back again).
The other day I was knocked for six. I had to get my parents to come up and watch the kids for me until bed time as I couldn't get out of bed without vomiting Crying or Very sad
does any one have any ideas for breast feeding friendly ideas? i drink lots and try and keep quiet and dark, but being by myself with 2 kids there needs to be a certain level of functioning happening! Plus I hate feeling like crap Suspect My naturopath prescribed Ignatia for me which works for the emotion/fatigue triggered ones, but not the hormonal ones. It only clicked the other day what makes such a difference, and the fact that they disappeared while I was on artificial hormones kinda proves the theory, but there is no way I am going back on hormones! They affected my everyday life/mood/mental health too much to justify avoiding one or 2 migraines a year!
me fein
me fein

http://luckydipdays.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Migraines - help Empty Re: Migraines - help

Post  Nut Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:20 am

what can you take to regulate your hormones? There's a chinese things - dunno how to spell it - called don kwi (I think) that's meant to help balance hormones, I wonder if that'd help.

I've only ever had one migraine, and that was more than enough to put me off for life. I hope you find a treatment for yours.
Nut
Nut
Admin

https://wholemother.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  me fein Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:41 am

oh, that sounds like a sensible idea... might make an appointment once D's stuff is out of the way Rolling Eyes probably accupuncture would help too...
me fein
me fein

http://luckydipdays.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  slitir Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:04 am

Low in magnaesium can mess with hormones and has a symptom of migrains? Its safe to take supplements while BF
slitir
slitir

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum