whole mother
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my quiche recipe - very very tasty!

2 posters

Go down

my quiche recipe - very very tasty! Empty my quiche recipe - very very tasty!

Post  Nut Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:53 am

For the pastry
1 and 2/3 cup of strong flour
125g butter (diced)
1 chilled egg
1tsp chilled water
1tsp salt
1tsp brown sugar (optional - I do it coz short crust pastry can have a harsh flavour without)

Use your hands to mix the chopped butter and the flour until it's crumbly. Your hands will help the butter melt and the consistency to be ... consistent Laughing Then add the egg, the water, sugar and salt and mix it til it becomes pastry. it's not a strong pastry so you should expect it to be crumbly. Roll it out in portions (it's easier coz it's so crumbly) Press it into a spring form baking tin and don't stress as it falls apart, just make like a kid with play doh! Cover the pastry with foil and fill it half to 3/4 with rice (or baking stones, it ust needs to weigh the pastry down as you dry bake it) and dry bake for 15mins on about 180.

While you're doing that combine 6 eggs, 1 tin of condensed milk NOT NORMAL MILK (it gives a much smoother texture, and stops your quiche from tasting like a large pot of scrambled eggs) chop up and add the filling of your choice. We used baby spinach and chopped semi dried tomatoes.

When the pastry is baked remove the foil and tip the egg mix in. BAke on about 180 til the whole thing is set firm. Then EAT! It's bloody good I tell you!

next time I make it I might use chicken and asparagus, or broccoli and fetta.
Nut
Nut
Admin

https://wholemother.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

my quiche recipe - very very tasty! Empty Re: my quiche recipe - very very tasty!

Post  Nut Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:09 am

my quiche recipe - very very tasty! P1110921

my quiche recipe - very very tasty! P1110922
Nut
Nut
Admin

Back to top Go down

my quiche recipe - very very tasty! Empty Re: my quiche recipe - very very tasty!

Post  Pinky Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:01 am

I bet it taste delish... But I am not a quich fan Razz Kids would love it though...
Pinky
Pinky

Back to top Go down

Post  Nut Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:37 pm

Guess what I'm having for breakfast Laughing
Nut
Nut
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinky Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:42 pm

LOL I had two bananas going to have a gs soon or maybe a mango or two.... might have a gs for dinner nah I have fish... Oh fish for lunch.... yum yum
Pinky
Pinky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down