whole mother
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

natural first aid kits

3 posters

Go down

natural first aid kits Empty natural first aid kits

Post  Nut Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:05 am

I'm trying to create one. What's in yours? We have tea tree, tumeric, and something else that I forget. It's pretty puss so far Laughing In the garden I'm growing aloe vera, chamomile, echinacea, and heartsease too, but they're a while off being useful.
Nut
Nut
Admin

https://wholemother.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

natural first aid kits Empty Re: natural first aid kits

Post  artymama Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:38 am

Lavender oil for burning or bathing during manic times.

Lavender, Tea Tree and Eucalyptus for scrapes, slices, bites, stings etc

Lavender, Teatree, Geranium and Rosemary for our never ending battle with nits and lice. It may all be futile until I cut my dreads off....but........

Rescue Remedy for all kinds of things

Homeopathic belladonna for super high temps (my dd1 gets up to 42)

I was using the Brauers range of stuff eg Cough Relief, Pain and Fever Relief but since have found out that they contain toxic substances.

Vitamin C powder for EVERYTHING!

Marshmallow Tea for sore throats and yucky coughs. Rooibos tea for general wellbeing.

Would love to grow a medicinal herb garden, for now you have inspired me and I might just grow a few things in pots.
artymama
artymama

Back to top Go down

Post  Occula Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:01 am

I have a herb drawer where I toss in bags of herbs - echinacea, skullcap, motherwort, damiana, lion's tail, red raspberry leaf, red clover, blue lotus, chamomile and elderflowers. The sodium ascorbate backup packets are in there as well.

Then theres the shelf above the fridge which has tea tree, peppermint, lemon, rosemary, eucalyptus and clove essential oils, a botltle of neem *shudder*, a bottle of grapefruit seed extract, a bottle of propolis, a couple tin boxes of Paranet, emergency essence, woman essence, arnica pellets, some tissue salts, and I forget what else.

I also try and buy lemons weekly, have raw honey in stock along with frozen chicken stock/soup.

Artymama, isopropyl alcohol (or vodka, isopropyl is better) mixed up with a whole lot of essential oils, grapefruit seed extract and that foul smelling neem oil, mixed through hair and then tie on a plastic shopping bag over your hair so you dont have to smell it... it kills lice super fast. Do this once a week for a month for everyone. It will even get into dreads too, you just need more of it. I think its the fumes lol
Occula
Occula

Back to top Go down

Post  artymama Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:15 am

Thanks for the suggestion. Any idea where in Oz I can get Grapefruit Seed Extract? Tried looking for it when bubs was teeny but couldn't find anywhere. I hear ya on the neem oil, that is bad!
artymama
artymama

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum