whole mother
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

slow cooker question

3 posters

Go down

slow cooker question Empty slow cooker question

Post  Nut Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:36 am

My slow cooker has a certain TASTE about the things I cook in it. I recently gave my dad one for his birthday and his had the same sort of thing but he cooked water in it until the taste went away. I'm trying to do that now in mine. Anyone else had this problem? It's a 6.5L kambrook.

Also, I think it missed the mark with SLOW cooking, it seems to make things really hot. I can cook stuff on the "keep warm"function coz it's such an enthusiastic kitchen good! Laughing
Nut
Nut
Admin

https://wholemother.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

slow cooker question Empty Re: slow cooker question

Post  slitir Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:04 am

I have a TASTE issue with my slow cooker - but i can't offer any help i had enough of my failed slow cooker meals and chucked it in the back of the cupboard and haven't looked at it since Cool
slitir
slitir

Back to top Go down

Post  Nut Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:10 am

So yours seems to have the TASTE too does it? I wonder if the boiling it will work, coz I haven't used it much because of that so it hasn't really had a chance to get rid of the taste issue. What brand is yours? I think the taste might have left my dad's faster than it will mine coz his is only a 1.3L one.

That reminds me! I need to go and change the water in mine now!
Nut
Nut
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinky Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:47 am

Ring kambrook and ask them....

or get on their website and see if anyone else has had the same issue...

sorry never had a slow cooker and Pete wont let me he doesnt 'like' but saying that we have those cast iron things that are big in the cooking world that can do the same thing.... so why would I add another gadget to the kitchen I think Pete has enought ....
Pinky
Pinky

Back to top Go down

Post  slitir Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:41 pm

Is HOMEMAKER a brand? That's the only name i can find on it - i think i bought it from kmart for around $60-80 so what ever litre amount is priced around that price. I remember having a convo with someone else and mentioning th problem and they said somehting about onion or garlic could make a certain yuck taste. I don't know i have lost all faith in slow cookers... anyone want mine? LOL
slitir
slitir

Back to top Go down

Post  Nut Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:51 am

yeah homemaker is a brand, sounds like you have a big one!

I have mine boiling away happily lol

Ringing Kambrook is a good idea!
Nut
Nut
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: