whole mother
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Struggling...

5 posters

Go down

Struggling... Empty Struggling...

Post  Anastasia Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:39 pm

Oh how I've needed advice and help from some gentle mothers for a long time!!!! This post is a long time coming!!!!!!!!

P is 18 mo, I'm planning to let her wean herself when she's ready.

I'm just struggling and have been for a couple months, she feeds like a newborn. And if I say no, try distraction etc she gets mega aggressive and physically attacks me Sad If she had it her way we'd both be stuck to the couch BFing all day long Sad

Some days I just feel like weaning, and then I realize that even if I tried I wouldn't be able to. She becomes a demon when denied and I don't have the strength to constantly battle her off and hear her constant screaming Sad

Please someone tell me this passes!
Anastasia
Anastasia

http://phenske.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Struggling... Empty Re: Struggling...

Post  Nut Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:55 pm

I have no experience with this, but if you speak to someone from the ABA they might be able to make some suggestions. When Sazz gets back she might have some ideas (her being our very own ABA person).

I am prepared to bet that it will change though. Have you looked into bush flower remedies? It sounds like you're really frustrated and you want this stage OVER 5 WEEKS AGO!!! Lots of love to you!
Nut
Nut
Admin

https://wholemother.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  me fein Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:01 pm

alpine mint bush maybe? its for careprovider overload and seeing as you are in school holidays that might be making it worse. I'm finding toddler feeding a challenge at times too - D only fed til he was 10 months and was never athletic... His sister however is a gymnast and massive boobie monster... and a bitey one too lately... you have my sympathy if nothing else...
me fein
me fein

http://luckydipdays.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinky Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:01 pm

The only advise is ABA sorry... I so hope this passes soon for you cause it sounds awful.... We all love bf but there is a time when enough is enough.

Big hugs.

Blessing and love coming your way...
Pinky
Pinky

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:17 pm

I'm an ABA volunteer so yes I've gone to ABA for help Razz~

It's been going on longer than school holidays, some days when I hear her coming for me I start getting scared that we're going to have to go through the fight or I'll be on the couch for the next 2 hours Sad
Anastasia
Anastasia

http://phenske.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  slitir Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:34 pm

ETA: Yes this will pass

How long has the intesity gone on for?

I am gathering that you have ruled out illness, teething, growth spurt. From my experience 18mthers get into hard core booby for awhile which may be coupled with what ever else is going on for the two of you. Our BF relationship is symbionic, our moods can effect let down, and as we hold them so close they pick up our vibes in arms that can lead to strange emotional feeding behavior.

Not knowing your history or what you have tried before the next things i would look at if it was me is both our diets - am i getting lots of fatty oils (fish oil, avocado etc) that really boost the hind milk, as well as enough water... And is the food that you are able to get into toddler high protien low carb and suger.

A book i re -read recently helped me cope with all those feelings you have just described - Mothering your nursing Toddler. I found it very refreshing and candid on the realities of our feelings towards breasfeeding at times.

I hope the breezes of change come quickly for you.
slitir
slitir

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum